Committees and Caucuses
Congressman Cleaver is a member of the House Committee on Financial Services and serves on the following subcommittees:
He is the Ranking Member of the Housing and Insurance Subcommittee.
Clause 1(h) of rule X of the Rules of the House of Representatives for the 112th Congress sets forth the jurisdiction of the Committee on Financial Services as follows –
(1) Banks and banking, including deposit insurance and Federal monetary policy.
(2) Economic stabilization, defense production, renegotiation, and control of the price of commodities, rents, and services.
(3) Financial aid to commerce and industry (other than transportation).
(4) Insurance generally.
(5) International finance.
(6) International financial and monetary organizations.
(7) Money and credit, including currency and the issuance of notes and redemption thereof; gold and silver, including the coinage thereof; valuation and revaluation of the dollar.
(8) Public and private housing.
(9) Securities and exchanges.
(10) Urban development.