Q:  How do I contact Congressman Cleaver?

A: There are several ways to contact Congressman Cleaver. To help us better serve you, please visit our contact page and select the means of contact that best suits your particular need. Click here for contact information.

Q:  What committees does Congressman Cleaver sit on?

A: Congressman Cleaver is a member of the House Committee on Financial Services and serves on the following subcommittees:

Housing and Insurance Subcommittee

Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee

Q:  What area of Missouri does Congressman Cleaver represent?

A: Congressman Cleaver represents Missouri’s Fifth District, which includes most of Jackson County, Missouri and Raymore, Belton and Peculiar in Cass County. All of Kansas City south of the Missouri River, Independence, Raytown, Lee’s Summit, Lone Jack, Grandview, and Sugar Creek are all included in the Fifth District.

Q:  How can I schedule a meeting with Congressman Cleaver?

A: To schedule a meeting in Washington D.C. please email Justin Thaxton  or call 202-225-4535.

In the District, please email Holly Long or call 816-842-4545.

Q:  What tours does Congressman Cleaver’s office offer?

A: Congressman Cleaver’s office is happy to assist with tours of the U.S. Capitol and the White House. Please note that White House tours must be arranged at least four months in advance. Click here for more information on visiting Washington, D.C.

To arrange for a White House tour please contact Parker Low  at 202-225-4535.

Q:  What constituent services does Congressman Cleaver offer?

A: Congressman Cleaver’s office can help with a wide range of constituent services, from locating a lost Social Security check to working through an immigration issue to helping a veteran track down his medals. Click here for more information on the constituent services offered.

Q:  How can I get a flag flown over the U.S. Capitol?

A: Congressman Cleaver’s office can arrange to have flags flown over the U.S. Capitol. Please click here for more information.

Q:  What if I have a specific question about one of Congressman Cleaver’s positions?

A: Click here to ask Congressman Cleaver about a position you are interested in or concerned about.

Q:  Where can I search for bills handled by Congress?

A: The Library of Congress offers a comprehensive online legislative database, called THOMAS, bills handled by Congress can be accessed by clicking here .

Q:  How can I get an internship in Congressman Cleaver’s office?

A: Congressman Cleaver offers internships to students from the Fifth Congressional District in both the Washington, D.C., Kansas City and Independence District offices. Click here for more information.